- To have a continuously active Committee, whose members are dedicated to the betterment of city government and to the principals of a smaller, less intrusive government.
- To be involved all in local, state and national elections taking place in the several districts wherein Middletown lies.
- The 2013 Party Platform for city government calls for long range planning. The MRTC should adopt such a policy, continuously looking forward 20 or more years.
- Members are an under utilized asset. With 60 members, there is the potential to have 12, five-man committees dedicated to as many areas of activity.
- Membership on the RTC is not a cocktail and limousine honorarium; it is a sacred trust, requiring personal sacrifice, dedication and commitment.
- Participation must be required of every member of the RTC. Anyone unable or unwilling to be an active member of the Committee should resign to allow for others to step in and go to work, or be replaced at the next election.
- There is a need for organization, planning, vision and strong leaders in many areas. This need can be fulfilled by delegating responsibilities to committees. Each committee would have a chair, affording people the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities. Those who rise and shine could be groomed as future candidates.
- Forming committees would require much discussion and debate about the necessity, scope and purpose of each. Such committees may include:
Guest posts are always welcome. Please send submissions for consideration to email@example.com - - - - - We are now supported by advertisers! - - - - - There are NO popup ads. - - - - - Please turn off you ad blocker for this site and check out the ads that catch your interest. Clicking on the wheel opens a new window.
Saturday, January 11, 2014
Letter to the Editor: Be Apart of the Solution for Middletown
Authors of comments and posts are solely responsible for their statements. Please email MiddletownInsider@gmail.com for questions or concerns. This blog, (and any site using the blogger platform), does not and cannot track the source of comments. While opinions and criticism are fine, they are subject to moderator discretion; slander and vile attacks of individuals will not to be tolerated. Middletown Insider retains the right to deny any post or comment without explanation.
Ben Florsheim, Public Figure You are within your rights to make wild, baseless accusations and live your life in an alternative reality...
CCDL - Join us for 2A Tuesdays at the State Capitol - Take Action to Stop the 2023 Assault Weapon BanConnecticut Citizens Defense League, Inc. 2A Tuesdays It is critical that as many members (and other Second Amendment supporters)...
Steven DeToro Article and photos by Brian E. Clark, staff writer André Breton cited a profound quote regarding suicide, say...
Photo details below Sen. Tony Hwang issued the following statement after the Connecticut State Senate’s May 24 passage of legislati...
An invitation from Joe Markley Voter-integrity advocate Dominic Rapini has joined with 2WinCT to call for an investigation of suspicious pol...
Good job Bill. Even if the MRTC only does a small portion of what you've brought forward, it will be a better committee. We need to remember that sitting on the committee carries a duty along with the privilege and that knowledge is power. It is our duty to be informed and to share that information.ReplyDelete