"We are marching this Sunday with our 8 foot hgih statue of Lady Liberty in the Hartford veterans Day Parade. Please, please come march with us. Let's send a message! We are meeting at 10:30. If anyone needs a ride let mw kinow and we will work on it. If anyone has a pickup truck on which Lady Liberty can ride in the parade, please message me at firstname.lastname@example.org"
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Veterans' Day Parade-Hartford-Sunday Nov 3
2013 Parade Grand Marshals (left to right): Frank Alvarado of East Haven; Major Linda Cunha of Newington; Chandler J. Howard of Farmington; Samuel Jacobellis of Danbury; and Daniel J. McHale of Avon.
· Retired Master Sergeant Frank Alvarado of East Haven, a veteran of the U.S. Army and Connecticut Air National Guard, and currently the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Senior Area Manager for Greater Bridgeport and the SBA’s Veterans Officer for Connecticut;
· Major Linda Cunha of Newington, who commanded the Connecticut Army National Guard’s 142d Area Support Medical Company. The veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan currently serves as Executive Officer of the 118th Multifunctional Medical Battalion in Middletown;
· Retired Staff Sergeant Chandler J. Howard of Farmington, a U.S. Army veteran who served in Vietnam as a Helicopter Crew Chief, and today is the President and CEO of Connecticut’s Liberty Bank;
· Retired Sergeant Samuel Jacobellis of Danbury, a member of the Greater Danbury Area Korean War Veterans Association who served in the U.S. Army. This year is especially poignant for Jacobellis and his fellow Korean War vets as America is observing 60 years since the end of that war; and
· Retired Brigadier General (CT) Daniel J. McHale of Avon, a U.S. Army and Connecticut Army National Guard veteran who served in various capacities over the past 45 years. He is the State’s Transition Assistance Advisor, for veterans and active military and their families. He co-chairs the OIF/OEF/OND Military Support Coalition and is Connecticut chapter President of the Association of the U.S. Army.
P.S. Daria Novak writes:
Steven DeToro Article and photos by Brian E. Clark, staff writer André Breton cited a profound quote regarding suicide, say...
(Middlesex Superior Court) Dr. Tory Westbrook & Attorney Pattis The following is a letter defense attorney Norm Pattis wrote...
The direction we are headed. All is not lost. Yet. (All photos not credited are those of the author.) (Part one dealt with so...
WORD OF THE DAY February 18, 2018 ...
Notice the cut at the top of the door. More photos and a video follow. In late March of 2017, my detached garage caught fire and was ...