"We are marching this Sunday with our 8 foot hgih statue of Lady Liberty in the Hartford veterans Day Parade. Please, please come march with us. Let's send a message! We are meeting at 10:30. If anyone needs a ride let mw kinow and we will work on it. If anyone has a pickup truck on which Lady Liberty can ride in the parade, please message me at email@example.com"
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Veterans' Day Parade-Hartford-Sunday Nov 3
2013 Parade Grand Marshals (left to right): Frank Alvarado of East Haven; Major Linda Cunha of Newington; Chandler J. Howard of Farmington; Samuel Jacobellis of Danbury; and Daniel J. McHale of Avon.
· Retired Master Sergeant Frank Alvarado of East Haven, a veteran of the U.S. Army and Connecticut Air National Guard, and currently the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Senior Area Manager for Greater Bridgeport and the SBA’s Veterans Officer for Connecticut;
· Major Linda Cunha of Newington, who commanded the Connecticut Army National Guard’s 142d Area Support Medical Company. The veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan currently serves as Executive Officer of the 118th Multifunctional Medical Battalion in Middletown;
· Retired Staff Sergeant Chandler J. Howard of Farmington, a U.S. Army veteran who served in Vietnam as a Helicopter Crew Chief, and today is the President and CEO of Connecticut’s Liberty Bank;
· Retired Sergeant Samuel Jacobellis of Danbury, a member of the Greater Danbury Area Korean War Veterans Association who served in the U.S. Army. This year is especially poignant for Jacobellis and his fellow Korean War vets as America is observing 60 years since the end of that war; and
· Retired Brigadier General (CT) Daniel J. McHale of Avon, a U.S. Army and Connecticut Army National Guard veteran who served in various capacities over the past 45 years. He is the State’s Transition Assistance Advisor, for veterans and active military and their families. He co-chairs the OIF/OEF/OND Military Support Coalition and is Connecticut chapter President of the Association of the U.S. Army.
P.S. Daria Novak writes:
Where is Chris Murphy’s Outrage Over the Reprehensible Actions of Elizabeth Esty? His Silence Protects the Abuser – Again! “Six mo...
1983 crash at toll booths in West Haven1, which killed 7 people. Image from WTNH Frequently Asked Questions Tolls in Connecticut ...
HARTFORD – State Representative Rob Sampson (R-Southington, Wolcott) offered an amendment to H.B. 5185 , An Act Concerning Guardianshi...