2. Drew gave us a 5 mil tax increase last budget & reduced by .1 mil this time. Math says still an increase.
3. Drew voted at Pension Board meetings to take pensions from two police officers who were found to be disabled. He claimed he didn't believe in one's PTSD diagnosis. Both cases are pending in court. Its gonna be a fun fall!
4. The city paid a certain E. W. $1.2 million as a water & sewer employee in a workplace discrimination suit. So much for ending the lawsuits...
5. Everyone on on the BOE slate for the Democrats is either a "community organizer" or state employee.
6. Ed4ed isn't running, why the press needed to feed his ego with a whole article is beyond us. "More time to focus on family..." Yea we've heard that before. More time to sample local brews? TEA people, sheesh...
7. How many Democrats have pulled paper work to primary? 3. Hope Kasper, Susanne Wesoloski, & Sean King. BTW, how is it ethical Democrat registrar of voters is the spouse of candidate Councilman Bob Santangelo, Lisa Santangelo is in charge of voting machines?
8. Emergency Management volunteers get their stipends pulled. Is there any coincidence that are connections to the GOP ? Um let's think...
9. How many grievances are there between city workers and the BOE now that we are saddled with Sodexco?
10. Former Chief Pat McMahon's lawsuit. Drew get the city check book ready!
11. Drew wants to create Middletown poet laureate contest, workshops to rezone Newfield Street, a dog park at Vet's Park (can anyone get a straight answer on this?),and share cropping aka "Plantation Drew: Middletown's Poor Farm" out on River Road; how many feel good vote ploys can Drew cram in before November?
12. Suicide barriers on the historic Arrigoni Bridge, lighting the bridge with LEDs as a tourist attraction...Mayor Drew & Rep. Lesser need to make up their minds really as they are just hell bent to spend money on the bridge in some way.
13. Hey CASHO weren't we supposed to get Rt 9 by the river fixed? Oh wait that was the last election cycles promise, our bad.
14. We seriously want an editorial by Dr. Fred, no really its about damn time!
15. The Press publishes ION restaurant recipes, seriously-what about other restaurants? What's the connection?
16. Mayor Drew misses the veterans dedication & marching in Memorial Day parade, to get his internet degree at Columbia. BTW, who paid for that?
17. Kasper gets dumped off council slate. Ironically she voted against Mayor Drews robbing of the police pension fund of $800,000 transferred to the general fund.
18. Inland Wetlands is still illegally constituted.
19. The City is going to bond $722,000 over 10 years to buy computer equipment (CNR budget) that instantly loses value and will likely not be in service before the bond has been paid. Yup, that's smart financing. Once again Press, when are you going to investigate the amount of appropriations that come out of this Mayor and the Common Council on a monthly basis??
20. Lets do quick math. Retire out the former Director of Personnel at a cost of over $500,000 in pension; elevate the Deputy Director of Personnel to the same pay grade. Retire out the former Acting City Attorney and bring the new City Attorney on at max salary; bring on the current Deputy City attorney (new position) at an increase in salary and a cost of $130,000. Estimate the Assistant City Attorney to be at the $100,000 range. Was the merger worth it? Ask the Finance Department….
21.Remember this? Drew donates his own unused campaign funds to his own PAC? So much for giving back...http://www.middletownpress.com/general-news/20140214/middletown-mayor-dan-drew-donates-campaign-contributions-to-his-own-pac
22. Someone should FOI how much has been paid out in lawsuits based on discrimination since Dan Dan has been in office... It's the new "Who wants to be a Millionaire"
23. Drew campaigned on riverfront & downtown development, yet has nothing to hang his hat on. No one is clamoring to build by the river. The election year remedy? Drew wants to make a full time riverfront czar position. Which Malloy crony or Democrat relative needs job now? Hope, you got yours, get out of line...
24. Gotta hand it to Councilman Tom Serra for calling out the village anti-artificial turf fear mongerers led by Devoto & Ed4Ed. Someone is still mad their boy didn't get the athletic director position.
25. Next bond will be approved to allow the Public Works Director to get botox and new suits. The last road bond which included desecrating the Ridge Road Farmhill neighborhood with a grandiose bus turnaround band aid thanks (Ed4Ed, Public Works Dir. William Russo & Superintendent Dr. Charles) was a$15 million dollar road bond approved last election. This time around, the Mattabassett Sewer project is 40% over budget. Tell us why Water & Sewer Director Guy Russo still has a job?! And Mayor Drew plans to ask tax payers for another $15 million in a bond referendum this November. Bend over...