|General George Washington crossing the Delaware River, image from MountVernon.org|
Insider reader Joe Milardo received the following from a family member and forwarded it to me. Though the original source is not known, he and the Insider fully support ideals espoused therein.
"PROTECT AMERICAN TRADITIONS"
1. "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson
2. "Those who trade liberty for security have neither." ~ John Adams
3. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
4. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
5. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them
6. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.
7. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
8. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
9. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
10. Assault is a behavior, not a device.
11. Last week a Muslim enacted a major tragedy and the law abiding citizens (who were attacked), were not allowed to defend themselves. (It happened in a "gun free"zone.)
12. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.
13. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.
14. What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?
15. Guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians.
16. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.
17. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.
18. At the time of the American Revolution, the American Colonists possessed the most advanced firearms in the world, the rifle. There oppressors, the British, had less sophisticated weaponry, the musket. (Added by the Editor.)
"I love this country; it's the government that makes me nervous."