The year in speeches
Tomorrow night, President Donald J. Trump will address Americans in the first State of the Union address of his presidency. He’ll lay out the biggest milestones from his first year in office—tax reform, a budget that rebuilds the U.S. military, and so on—before explaining his priorities for year two.
Before turning to the next chapter, today we revisit a few of the President’s most important addresses from his first year. There are plenty to choose from, but a few quotes stand out:
- “Now we are calling for a great reawakening of nations, for the revival of their spirits, their pride, their people, and their patriotism.”
- “I declare today for the world to hear that the West will never, ever be broken. Our values will prevail, our people will thrive, and our civilization will triumph.”
- “I have determined that it is time to officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.”
POLL: Majority of Americans agree with the President on immigration
As the White House released its framework on immigration reform and border security last week, a recent Harvard-Harris Poll confirms that President Trump’s approach resonates with a majority of Americans.
Saagar Enjeti of The Daily Caller delivers the sentence that Congress should be paying close attention to in the weeks ahead:
Read more: “POLL: Majority of Americans Agree with Trump on DACA, Immigration”
More jobs, more opportunity, more growth
A little more than one year after President Trump took office, the U.S. economy continues to soar to new heights. During the past week, for instance, American workers, businesses, and families have all witnessed headlines that show the American economy is back:
- MARKETWATCH: S&P 500 Breaks 54-Year-Old Record For All-Time Highs Notched In January
- CNBC: The Dow’s 31% Gain During Trump’s First Year Is The Best Since FDR
- THE HILL: Poll: Satisfaction With Economy Reaches 17-Year High
- THE WALL STREET JOURNAL: The Tax Law, Just One Month Old, Is Roaring Through U.S. Companies
See the full list of news showing more jobs, more opportunity, and more growth.