The Plymouth, CT school district will begin mailing layoff notices to teachers and staff on Monday.
Gov. Malloy’s veto of the bipartisan state budget bill is already punishing education and taxpayers in our state. Easton, Fairfield, Newtown, Weston and Westport taxpayers:
- Our towns lose NO funding under the bipartisan budget plan!
- If the governor’s veto stands, our towns get NO funding.
- Call House Democrats at 860 240-8500
- Call Senate Democrats at 860 240-8600
- Tell them your name and town.
- Tell them, "I am a CT taxpayer. I support the bipartisan budget. Stop punishing CT education and taxpayers. Do your job and override Gov. Malloy's veto!"
- Sign my petition at www.SenatorHwang.com
Don’t want to see local education funding and funding for Easton, Fairfield, Newtown, Weston and Westport and 80 other towns decimated?
Don’t want to see teacher layoffs and property tax increases?
Don’t want to see draconian cuts to non-profit groups that serve vulnerable seniors, the disabled, and the addicted?
Neither do I.
Please listen to my brief interview today with Mike Bellamy of WICC-AM 600.
Then pick up the phone.
Call House Democrats at 860 240-8500 and call Senate Democrats at 860 240-8600 during business hours.
Urge them to "Override Malloy’s Veto of the Bipartisan Budget!"
The time is now to let them hear you!