Sen. Len Suzio (left) co-chairs a meeting of
the Children’s Committee at the Legislative
Office Building in Hartford.
- closes the deficit without tax increases
- closes the deficit without tolls
- continues to protect state funding for towns
- increases funding for education to towns and cities
- preserves funding for services to seniors, the disabled and Connecticut’s most vulnerable residents
- lowers taxes for retirees
- protects hospitals from being hit with more taxes
- protects taxpayers from being overburdened by policies which would result in significant increases to property taxes
- has no increase in the pistol permit fee
- provides for structural budget reforms, like a state government spending cap and a state government bonding cap.