Below is a essay by John Milardo. All opinions expressed are that of the author and not necessarily that of the Insider staff, burden of proof lies with the author. The newsletter in its original format can be downloaded and read here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/1jNyt0vXvnBe2mhZco6bg4Zf7JAlzntf47r79m5FoiccESLX16UvuuEkidvRl/edit?usp=sharing
• The ability to be a puppet and protégé of our City’s political godfather(s).
• The ability to call upon others within the department to answer questions of the Common Council that you have no idea how to?
• Ability to lie without sweating or blushing. • Must be morally capable to accept graft funds when offered. • The ability to be a silent partner bar owner, where Common Council members and politicians can meet and receive free refreshments.
• The ability to consume large quantities of alcoholic beverages.
• The ability to believe your life is part of the “Sopranos” television show.
• Must be capable of sucking up to every politician in both political parties, and serve as a waiter for them at public functions. No spinal column required.
• Wage scale: As much of taxpayer’s money as possible for doing political favors for personal gain. Present criteria: See above.